Dental implants are a permanent solution for patients seeking that perfect white smile. Implants are a great choice for patients that have broken, damaged, or missing teeth. Implants act similar to an artificial tooth that is placed in the jawbone. They are extremely durable, and are built to last upwards of 25 years.
Dental implants function like our natural teeth, and allow patients to speak and eat normally. They are comfortable in the mouth, and do not cause gum or mouth irritation like with other restorative solutions. Implants provide long lasting results, and if cared for properly they can last a lifetime.
The dental implants process requires multiple appointments in our office. We require a consultation with each patient to discuss any goals, and to determine the best treatment plan. Once we are ready to begin the implant process, the first step involves placing the implant into the jawbone. After this step is complete there is a healing process that must occur.
The healing period allows the implant time to fuse to the jawbone through a process called osseointegration. This allows the implant to function like a natural tooth root in the mouth. In order for the implant to remain sturdy, and provide the required support, the patient must have enough bone present in the jaw. If necessary, bone grafts can be done to provide the additional support that is needed.
Once the healing process is complete, the patient returns to our office to complete the implant process. An abutment or connector is placed on top of the implant, and this holds the crown securely in place. Custom crowns are made to match the shape, size, and color of your natural teeth. Temporary crowns may be necessary until patients return to have the permanent crown installed.
• Preserve the natural bone in the mouth, and help to stimulate new bone growth.
• Implants are durable, and provide long term value financially compared to other restorative solutions.
• Dental implants are permanent, and do not slip or click like other solutions.
• Implants are comfortable, and look and feel natural in the mouth.
• Implants can last upwards of 25 years, or a lifetime if they are cared for properly.
• Dental Implants restore full chewing power, and are as strong as natural teeth.
If you are interested in finding out how you can benefit from Dental Implants, contact Dental Designs of Stroud to schedule your consultation.